I already have a medium thin briefcase, and a 15" laptop sleeve both in chestnut so I knew where to come to get protection for my new 12" Macbook in rosegold. It's a tight fit so I cut a 2" piece of cardboard, folded it in half to make it an inch wide then wrapped the clear plastic the sleeve came in around the cardboard. With the computer in the sleeve I inserted the cardboard in on the side that is sown for 2 days. Now I can easily get my computer in and out but it is still a nice firm protective fit - just perfect!
Saddlebacks products are beautifully designed and I look forward many fine years using what I have purchased! Worth every penny and more. Thanks Saddleback!
- 100-Year Warranty, details here.
- Free Shipping, details here.
- We use only the best: full-grain leather (as much of the cow as you can get, short of the moo), strong pigskin lining, and premium, marine-grade thread (the kind used on shipping sails).
- Simple and lightweight leather cover fits 12” Macbook with Retina display
- Cut out at bottom of sleeve for easy removal of laptop
- Provides superior protection against bumps and butter fingers
- Thick leather sewn edges also absorb impact to protect your MacBook 12 inch
- 1 piece of full grain leather, folded over and sewn
- Stitched along 2 edges with 1 strand of continuous-filament, polyester thread
- Lined with suede pigskin lining
- Dimensions (approximate size):
- Exterior: 11 ¾” H x 8 ½” W
- 0.65 pounds
This sleeve is a beautifully crafted sleeve for the 12" MacBook. The leather is top quality and the design is minimalistic but simply functional. The durability is unquestioned and the fit is snug and secure. At about double the price of the cheap neoprene covers you can't go wrong. This one will last a lifetime.
Simple design, excellent construction. I just ordered my second one to give as a gift to a friend.
I purchased this sleeve to do double duty. First, it fits my 12 in MacBook Air (circa 2012) very nicely. Secondly, it fits my new iPad Pro very well. The overall quality is great, of course. It protects the corners of my new iPad Pro very well as the tablet fits all the way down into the sleeve. The opening at the bottom allows you to push the tablet or Airbook out of the sleeve enough that you can then grab the top edge of the device and pull it the rest of the way out. Very nice.
I decided to buy this case even before my new MacBook arrived--did a lot of research but didn't find anything else I liked near as much. The design is simple and the leather is thick and adequately protective. And it looks terrific: mine has already developed some impressive wear marks.
The fit was too tight when it arrived, however. I needed to cut several 1x2" pieces of wood and stuff them in to expand the interior so I could easily slip the MacBook in and out. I left the lumber in for a day, and that did the trick.
I'm pleased to have discovered Saddleback. I will be placing more orders, I suspect.