Hey there Saddleback Family,
Just like my hot wife, short and sweet. Here's the news:
- Saddleback Tow Belts aren't private anymore
- Suzette's Small Tote
- Drink coffee, do good.
- New leather designs for September/October
- Love 41, where receiving is giving
1. Saddleback Tow Belt -
You don't need to solve the riddle to find the secret link to the underground belt page on our website anymore. They're now for sale on the site to everyone.
2. Suzette's Small Tote -
My hot wife Suzette has great fashion sense and she designed a smaller version of the same tote that the women stop her in the store to ask about. It's on the site too.
3. Drink coffee, do good.
We just visited the Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Co. plantation in Rwanda and LOVED what they're doing and how they're going about it. Drink Coffee, Do Good. Why don't you push it too? Read more...<
4. New leather designs -
Just did a video on a taxi describing the XL Duffel. Wait 'til you see the hard briefcase and the soft-sided luggage. Did somebody say camera gear?
5. Love 41 -
Two of my wife's great assets are... her big heart and extreme fashion sense. She's pouring them together this October to form Love 41. It's a business whose sole purpose is to help orphans, widows and street kids.
Saddleback Belts - Our secret link on
Facebook gave our Saddleback family the first opportunity to get one. Now, we're launching our 1.5" wide belt to the world. And yes, the 100-year warranty comes with it.
- Removable buckle with brass screws and a leather cap so you can change it out
- Adjustable length for descendents skinnier than you were
- 3/4" spacing between 9 holes for comfort (Not too loose and not too tight)
- Three full-grain belts built into one (in case you need to tow a train one day)
- Sun can't deteriorate thick marine-grade thread
- Stout solid-brass nickel-plated buckle
- Smooth leather on back and edges for sliding on and off with just one pull
- Center of belt is raised above level of stitching so that leather rubs, not the thread
- Sturdy enough for holsters and sheathes
- Sizes range from 32" to 40". Other sizes are coming later in August.
Check the site or contact
customer service in a few weeks.
My wife is 5'3" and the Large Tote fits her fine, but a lot of women wanted a
smaller one too. I guess it qualifies as a purse. When you get the itch to change things up, you can pull out the liner and drop it into a different color shell. Four colors for four seasons? Whatever the justification, we support it. Suzette did a great job. Did I mention that I'm proud of her... for more than her great fashion sense.
I'm from Portland, Oregon where they put coffee in baby bottles. We even have 28 words for "coffee" in our local dialect. Coffee and waterproof clothing runs through my veins like sugar. And now I'm helping Rwandan villagers by drinking their high-grade coffee.
On our recent trip to Rwanda, the Saddleback Leather team visited the fabled
Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Co. coffee plantation. They said it wasn't too far off the main road and a thousand miles of bad dirt roads later, we met a smiley man named Manu wearing a shirt saying, Drink Coffee Do Good. He proceeded to teach us all about coffee from its long Rwandan history to how they Grade A,B,C and D. Now I know why some coffee tastes better than others.
And the coolest thing I learned was that the purpose for
Land of a Thousand Hills Coffee Co. is strangely similar to Saddleback's. It's to love people. The more high-grade Rwandan coffee they sell, the healthier and more educated the villagers that grow it become. They now sell it for something like at least 4X what they were selling it for before. We're going to be pushing it because it's the right thing to do. Why don't you?
New Designs This Fall
May I suggest that you start building up political capital in your significant other's love bank right now because you're going to like what we've got coming. And... you've probably noticed that we haven't launched much this year. It's certainly not for lack of design ideas. I've got enough to last 'til 2025. It just turns out that they'll all be coming out at once. Among the designs planned are:
- Softsided Luggage Set (super cool frame of stiff solid leather with expandable sides)
- Clutch Purse - Suzette
- Women's belts - Suzette
- Camera Backpack/Carry On - Made up of 4 different detachable Camera Bags
- Hard Briefcase - If it was good enough for my grandfather, it's good enough for me
- XL Duffel Bag - Big enough to check my 34" African Drum in
- Camera Strap - The most multi-functional, well-thought-out strap I know of.
- Medium and Small Notepad Holders - I must say, I've never been more excited about a notepad holder.
Suzette was so inspired by our trips to Africa that she's starting
Love 41. When you receive something, know that you just gave something. All profits go back to love people. FYI, it starts up in October. She's the queen of style and women always stop her to ask her where she got what she is wearing. Now they'll stop you or your woman.
Bye For Now
Hope the newsletter was worth the time you spent on it. Many people appreciate you and the time you spend with us. Thanks again. Be looking for Suzette's new belts, clutch, and some ugly (in a good way) Saddleback bags I've had on my mind for a long time.