$568.00 to $664.00SKU: #01-10-0001
- Dark Coffee Brown now shipping with lighter colored pigskin
- The bag that started it all
- As at home in a courtroom as it is on a mountain trail
- Converts to backpack
- 1 or 3 strap closure system, you choose
- 2 side straps can be used to as belts, tie downs or tourniquets
- All sizes fit beneath airline seats as carry on
- False bottom
- 8 D-rings for lashing
- 4 interior pockets, 2 for pens and 2 for cables and chargers
- 2 exterior side pockets for sunglasses and water bottles and 1 rear magazine pocket
- Interior key clip
- No breakable parts, e.g. zippers, snaps, buttons, etc.
- Two interior 4 ¼” deep sections
- Because of natural oils shade may vary
- Dimensions (approximate size):
- Adjustable strap length: 34 ¼” - 59 ¼”
- Exterior: 14” W x 11” H x 9” D
- Interior: 13 ½” W x 10 ½” H x 8 ½" D
- 6.6 lbs
- Exterior: 16" W x 12” H x 9" D
- Interior: 15 ½” W x 11 ½” H x 8 ½” D
- 7.6 lbs
- Extra Large
- Exterior: 18" W x 13” H x 9" D
- Interior: 17 ½” W x 12 ½” H x 8 ½” D
- 8 lbs
We use natural Markings Equal Inclusion of Exceptional Imperfection Ornamentation
"... Saddleback Leather no longer discriminates aganist any cow on the basis of age, appearance, lactose intolerance... if the beast has a natural marking or brand, or whether or not they worship the Divine Bovine."
Truth is, sometimes beauty is only skin deep... like with cows. Their poetry is notoriously terrible, but man, their hides are nature's art. We don't believe that flawlessness equals beauty. Beauty is when we're able to see someting as it really is.
This is true with humans too. There are lots of quality people who are really beautiful not in spite of, but because of the masks life has given them.
So, in the morning, as we three, clean-cut smiley white guys emerged from the cheap hotel, everybody looked at us with suspicion.
But it was a morbidly interesting place with the relatively fresh bullet holes and anti-government messages of the rebels on the walls. Only a few years back, Ocosingo was the site of a major bloodbath where about 150 Zapatistas and Mexican soldiers were killed in a firefight, some found shot in the back of the head after surrendering. Tensions were still high. One could make an argument for it being the least touristy town on Earth. So, shortly after our silent breakfast, we headed out.
But the cool thing was, Ocosingo wasn’t far from where we wanted to be. The massive Mayan ruins of Palenque were breathtaking, and if you looked into the jungle you could see the majority of the ruins still unexcavated.
And then when we got to the jungle waterfalls of Las Cascadas de Agua Azul, we grabbed a vine, hacked it and used it as a rope swing into the river, tarzan style. The place was amazing as the clear blue river stepped down for miles creating a series of huge waterfalls. It was my original briefcase’s first big trip of many, but it easily could have been its last.