- Free Shipping, details here.
- High-grade canvas finishing wax imported from Halley Stevensons in Scotland (the maker of our Mountainback waxed canvas)
- The only canvas wax we recommend to condition your Mountainback designs
- Same wax Halley Stevensons uses to finish the canvas
- Mountainback designs should be re-waxed about once a year, depending on how hard you use it
- We don't recommend re-waxing the interior of your bag or any body parts
- Fill a pan with hot water and grab a soft cloth or sponge.
- Try to do it in a warm room, or outside in the sun on a hot day.
- Put the tin of wax in hot water to soften the wax.
- Thoroughly work the wax into the bag using the cloth or sponge.
- Pay special attention to seams, creases and dry spots.
- Rub it in well, don’t just paint on.
- Be careful of using too much wax.
- For a 'factory finish’, blow evenly with a hairdryer after applying the wax thoroughly.
- Hang the bag overnight in a warm place.
- Never use hot water, detergents, solvents or soap. Do not dry clean or machine wash
- How often you re-wax your bag depends on how often the bag is worn; for regular use, it is recommended re-waxing once per year.
This canvas wax is imported straight from Halley Stevensons in Dundee, Scotland. All of our Mountainback canvas designs come pre-treated with this wax. For optimal durability and water-repellency, we recommend re-waxing your bag with this finishing wax about once a year.