Chamberlain's Auto Refreshener No 4
- Auto Refreshener No. 4
- Free Shipping, details here.
- Natural, water-based mélange of vital emollients, nutrients and powerful UV protectants
- No. 4 boasts as a cleaner and demulcent with added natural UV Protection designed condition and protect your car’s leather or vinyl interior
- Simultaneously cleans, conditions and protects your leather from elements of all kinds
- In addition to giving your leather protection from spills and stains, No. 4 also possesses key UV protectants that ward off harmful ulraviolet rays which fade and dry out leather
- Warning: Use of the gentle and pleasantly scented Auto Refreshener No. 4 may result in a sense of improved engine performance
- Available in both 6 & 12oz bottles
- For further inquires, head on over to Chamberlain’s Leather Milk website where you will find direct customer service. On the website they offer a wealth of interesting leather care tips through their fact section, blog and videos. They also have a customized leather repair shop.
To condition my first bag, I got out some sandpaper, baby oil and some lime juice and got busy on the first Saddleback Leather briefcase. The design was what I had asked for, but the leather looked kind of stiff and painted. I wasn’t happy with it right away and so I took it upon myself to make it perfect.
So, I asked the Leonel, the guy who made the bag, how I could get it to be more relaxed and look more aged. He told me that I could rub a light oil into it like baby oil or olive oil and then rub in some lime juice too and that would condition it real nicely.
Well, I couldn’t wait for the perfect leather to age and so I went out and bought some fine sandpaper and rubbed it everywhere except for the stitching. And then my friend, Jake, and I pulled and twisted it and wrung it out like a wet towel. And then I sanded it some more and lubed it up with the oils and squeezed a complete lime tree worth of juice on it. Upon gazing on the finished bag, I ran naked through the streets yelling “Eureka” at the top of my lungs.
Later, I found leathers that already looked good without sanding and I’m still using them today. I don’t recommend sandpaper or juice or oils on the bag. I recommend Chamberlain’s Leather Milk.