This suitcase is gorgeous. I have been on three trips with it and have received compliments every time.
I have been lusting over the suitcases for years now, but I just couldn't bear to have to part with such a nice piece of gear at check-in. When the carry on size appeared, I snatched one up.
The size is perfect, and I haven't had to gate check it yet. It has, so far, fit well in all of the overhead bins of standard size commercial jets. I have been waiting to see how it fits in a smaller jet's overhead bin, and I am pleased to say that, while it took a little conversation with the bag, it did fit in the overhead of a CRJ-200.
I usually travel for 4 nights and am able to put 5 days worth of clothes in there (not winter gear...). For my most recent trip, I had to take my 17" Dell Laptop with me, and it fit with no trouble along with all the clothes. The bag is a bit on the heavy side, and with the laptop, it was almost too heavy for me (I am a gal...), so the shoulder strap was very helpful there.
When it is not traveling, it lives on display on top of the bookcase at home. I love this thing.
- 100-Year Warranty, details here.
- Free Shipping, details here.
- As beautiful at the airport as it is next to the sofa
- Wood Frame construction with pigskin lining
- Interior - on the top frame of the bag there is a pigskin flap with adjustable tabs to put additional clothing or shoes (can be kept separate)
- Bottom of case has 4 metal suitcase feet to protect the bottom
- Back hinge is double layer of chrome leather - riveted to the body of the case for durability
- No breakable parts, e.g. zippers, snaps, buttons etc.
- Detachable side straps to keep suitcase closed up extra securely
- Can be carried by the top handle or the adjustable and detachable shoulder strap with one pad
- Carry on sized travel bag (verify with airline before travel)
- Dimensions (approximate size):
- External: 21 ½ W x 13” H x 7 ¾” D
- Internal: 20 ½ W x 11 ¼” H x 5 ½” D
- 10.8 pounds