Leather Backgammon Set
- Unparallelled 100-Year Warranty, details here
- Free Shipping, details here
- We use only the toughest materials: full-grain leather, strong pigskin lining, and premium UV-resistant marine-grade polyester thread (the stuff they use on ship sails).
- Playing surface is made of soft, durable suede. The board is chocolate suede and the triangles are red and cream colored.
- The playing surface is backed with sturdy old bull slats designed to roll up for easy storage and carry in the included sling case.
- White suede whip stitching around the board.
- The checkers are made from coffee brown old bull leather and natural light brown suela leather - double thick so each side is smooth.
- The checker and dice storage tube is made from black old bull leather.
- The tube caps also serve as dice shakers during gameplay.
- The carrying sling is made from full-grain chrome tanned dark coffee brown leather
- For storage, stash the checkers and dice in the tube, wrap the board around the tube, and slide it into the carrying case.
- Board: 20” H x 24.25” W x .25” D
- All Pieces (Case, Board, Tube, Chips): 21” H x 4.25” W
- 5.15 Pounds
Dimensions (approximate size):
I took the family to a place called Mike’s Camp, which is on an island off the coast of Kenya in the Indian ocean. They call it barefoot luxury. It’s a bunch of really cool straw huts and great crab hunting in the mangroves. Real Robinson Cruso stuff. Anyway, Mike had a backgammon board very similar to this one and I thought it was so cool I had to try a Saddleback version. This is a great set for sore losers because we made it so tough that it’ll be really hard to break if you’re one of those guys that whips the board across the room after you lose. Hey relax, it’s only a game.