Moved to a new house and have a fireplace now and was in the need of a log carrier and was on some other sites when I saw a leather one and I thought, I wish Saddleback made one. Let me check just in case and sure enough it had just been added. Purchased it and have used it for about 5 weeks now. Overall I love it. Was surprised that it is actually made up of two riveted pieces of leather vs one big piece. But it seems rock solid and it looks great. I only wish it were a couple inches longer in length between the two sides. I tend to pick up a lot of wood and on a few occasions I have had to use two hands to carry. That being said, I know I am not the norm when it comes to this sort of thing and that most people would never have this problem.
- 100-Year Warranty, details here.
- Free Shipping, details here.
- We use only the best: full-grain leather (as much of the cow as you can get, short of the moo), strong pigskin lining, and premium, marine-grade thread (the kind used on shipping sails).
- Log carrier has a thick, full-grain, unlined leather body for durability and strength
- Contrasting suela handle which will patina over time and with use
- Handle has a grip closure with nipple rivets which makes carrying heavy loads more comfortable and secure
- Handle and body on the log holder are held together with ultra-strong D-rings and rivets to ensure the carrier can tackle even the heaviest loads
- You'll actually enjoy going out in the cold to grab more firewood when using this wood carrier
- When not in use, this leather firewood carrier serves as a beautiful home decor piece by the fireplace
- Dimensions (approximate size):
- 20" W x 31” H (unfolded)
- 2.15 pounds
I am learning to love my log carrier after a couple of month use. It is fantastic at doing its job. The leather is classic Saddleback quality with that wonderful weight and richness. It holds as many logs as I'd care to carry in one trip. The only trick with it, and the reason I deducted a star, is that all the pictures on the site show the carrier neatly standing up with some logs in it. I'm not sure how they achieved that look in the photos because there is nothing to stiffen it up enough to stand up. So it is always flopped over to one side. That surprised me when I first got it. I even considered sending it back since it was destined to live on the big brick hearth in the middle of my family room pretty much year-round. But I thought the better of that since it is obviously a great functional piece that is sure to continue to patina beautifully as it sees more and more use. I have already used it to carry plenty of wood in from the rack outside and each time I pick it up to go and grab a load I get a little smile on my face because it is so nice to use.
tl;dr Fantastic Saddleback leather and carries wood like a champ but doesn't stand up neatly in real life like it does in the pics
Leather log carrier with tough suela handle. Includes grip closure for easier carry of firewood, or anything else that needs bundling.
One of my favorite things about winter is watching my manly man light a big fire in the fireplace. Because he wants to prove to me how manly he is, he tries to keep one burning all day long - this, of course, requires lots of firewood. One of Dave’s least favorite things to do is haul those heavy, awkward, and messy logs in the house so he can light my fire. That was my inspiration when I designed the Saddleback Leather Log Carrier. After the first time Dave tried this he was hooked and now he wants to keep a fire blazing all year long - even in Texas!