- 100-Year Warranty.
- Free Shipping or just back a hearse up to our warehouse for free pickup.
- We only use the toughest materials: full-grain leather, strong pigskin lining, and premium UV-resistant marine-grade polyester thread (the stuff they use on ship sails).
- Coffin is lined with soft yet strong pigskin that is backed with foam.
- Full-grain leather pillow included for correct spine alignment, even in death.
- Hardwood box wrapped with nine full-grain hides
- Fully detachable lid closes with three leather straps.
- Six reinforced handles for six friends or hired hands to carry you down the final stretch
- Two large interior pockets for notes and mementos from everybody who will miss you when you’re gone.
- Wooden plaque that can be customized (Dave did Psalms 23 on his).
- Plaque doubles as a large cutting board too until your card gets pulled.
- Very roomy - will fit anyone up to 6’8”
- Can be used as an overlarge travel trunk for those with a taste for the macabre.
- Interior: 87” H x 36” W x plenty deep
- 270 pounds
Dimensions (approximate size):
You know, everybody’s talking about work/life balance, and that got me thinking, ‘what about work/death balance?. How are we living? What are we living for? We’re all going to be dead for a lot longer than we’re alive, so I wanted to design something that would get people thinking about just how briefly we’re all here on earth. So I designed my own coffin, hopefully a few years before I’ll need it.
This thing is a beast. I’m not even sure how much it weighs. Probably somewhere north of 250 pounds. It took 9 hides to wrap it, and a whole lot of stitching.